Media relations and advertising
MEDIA RELATIONS: the promise and peril
Because of the digital revolution, organizations can reach customers directly through the Web, e-mail marketing and social media. However, traditional media may still have a role to play in your marketing efforts. TV news, newspapers and radio can provide third-party endorsement of your brand and increase visibility.
However, dealing with the media requires experience and skill. From getting through the gatekeepers to encountering hostile and even uniformed journalists, you need an experienced guide.
Roy Harryman has 20 years of experience as a professional journalist for mainstream and business-to-business media and understands the potentials and perils of the press.
He has successfully interacted with TV and radio, producers, reporters and editors to bring dozens of client stories to mainstream media.
media relations highlights
Click on the items below to read press releases, view media and learn about press coverage.
- Keeping violent intruders out: Strategos International on the Facebook video that earned 20 million views
- Film teaches employees to "PREVAIL" over an active shooter.
- GSA contract gives agencies direct access to Strategos security training
- Leading insurer partners with Strategos for security training
- PaveGuard Technology harnesses solar power to melt away winter
- Mixed Up: Author writes practical sound mixing manual for the layman
- Red Heat-Blue Steel competition pits police and fire in mission of mercy
- Local coalition responds to race-based violence with message of hope
- Atheists, Christians unite to raise funds for troubled kids
- Family connects African boy with life-saving surgery
- Chaplain displays courage, compassion in Iraq tour
- Local doctor, stationed in Zimbabwe, rallies support to feed medical staff
- Lee's Summit man makes good on promise to build playground at Polish orphanage
Traditional paid-advertising still makes an impact. It's advantages are that you can plan it, budget it and control the content. It's important to consider:
- Which form of advertising will reach your target market (billboards, radio, web ads)?
- Is there a way to evaluate the effectiveness of the ad campaign?
- Is your budget adequate to make an impact?
We can also plan your social media advertising (promoted posts) campaigns.